Annons:
Taggeneral-discussion
Read 5512 times
Niklas
2017-04-10 11:16

All pet rat fur colors

What fur colors can rats have? I searched but didn't find the answer.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
tanglytails
2017-04-10 16:48

Oh.. That's maaaaany colors. Haha!

Here is some.

Tanglytails @ fb: https://www.facebook.com/tanglytails/?fref=ts

Tanglytails @ ig: https://www.instagram.com/tanglytails/.
Just everyday rattielife
Glad

Zickan
2017-04-12 03:20
Image 1. Click to open in original size.

Rats have a lot of colors and markings. New are found from time to time. Here in Sweden, we have started to get more colors. Has ben a negative side for new markings and colors for many years. But the last couple of years it has started to get more excepted to breed and import something new. 
Seen same from here and there. Some countries have a lot of difrent, some have more the basic old varieties.

My own rats i have now are  russian blue, russian blue agouti. russian silver, english blue. silver black, english mink, mock mink, agouti, cinnamon, russian fawn, topaz,  marten, golden point marten,  siames,, golden point siames. himalayan, pearl merle, chinchilla. 

Many colors are combined to get another color. My special color I breed is russian silver. Are both blue genes combined with one bleach gene like mink based colors. 
It is pale silver-blue/silver-metallic look with black eyes. Usually, takes some generations to get the color as pale and strong as it should be.

Niklas
2017-04-12 09:17

Thank you! :-)

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Zickan
2017-04-12 18:57

Hope to start diffrent posts with colors, people can show their rats who has that color. Nice to se how diffrent they are around the world. Sweden have the color fawn. A ruby eyed agouti you could say. Agouti, wild colored rat bleached with the ruby/red eye gene rr. Gives a yellow/orange rat with ruby eyes. In finland they dont have fawn but topaz. Almost same as sweden fawn. But the color is slightly diffrent. Fun to se al diffrens between same colors found in the world. On how that country wants to have the color and some even have diffrent genetic codes. Hope to get started on more after sweden valborg in the end of may. Have a ferret litter now that takes mutch of my free time. But if someone would like to start. I have startet with one or two posts. Feel free to continue with more colors.

Scroll to top
Annons: